About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
Welcome to "Miss Mighty Midge" - A place I can share a piece of my heart with the world. Blogging is my joy. I'm a college student trying to carve myself a place in life. I'm small, funny, passionate, and a little shy. Welcome to the stories of my life...

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Moments That Matter Most

Today I caught myself doing something of which so many of us find ourselves guilty. My sisters are in town visiting me here in El Mirage. Little Julianna (who's not so little anymore), came up to me and said, "Kristi, can I show you a song I wrote on the piano?!" She was so excited and in my hastiness to finish a chapter of the book I am reading I said, "Not now, Julianna." I resumed reading for a short minute before I realized that moments like these happen every day. I paused long enough to know that not letting another one pass me by is well worth the two minutes my little sister required of my time. I walked into my Grandmother's piano room and Jules turned around with the biggest smile on her face and played her song. She felt satisfied and I felt enlightened with the knowledge that life's simplest moments, the moments that pass us by, are the moments that are most important.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for you and that your sisters got to come and visit. We need to talk. You should call me sometime or text me when it is a good time and I will call you. :D Love you tons and I love reading and gathering from your incredible wisdom and wit. :)

    ReplyDelete