About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
Welcome to "Miss Mighty Midge" - A place I can share a piece of my heart with the world. Blogging is my joy. I'm a college student trying to carve myself a place in life. I'm small, funny, passionate, and a little shy. Welcome to the stories of my life...

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Trip to the ER

So the past few days have been... interesting to say the least. Sunday night I had to go to the Emergency Room because of a high fever... I kinda couldn't stop shaking. It was scary! So Brittany drove me to the ER and we met my dad there. Sarah and Ayne (my roommates) stayed in the waiting room while I underwent tests. Of course they shoved me in the most ugly room in the whole hospital! They walls looked like tortillas. They made me put on this hospital robe that came down to my ankles (let me tell you, they are a lot shorter in the movies!) My back was also completely exposed! Luckily they let me keep my pajama pants on! All in all... it was the most immodest thing I've ever worn, haha. They made me pee in a cup. They took some blood... which is my least favorite of all the medical tests. They gagged me with a strep test. They set up an IV with saline that made me have to pee 70 times an hour. And I had to take a catscan. That was not pleasant. They shot radioactive fluid into my veins. I could hear it fizzing as it went in! It made my whole body feel like it was on fire! Not exactly a pleasant sensation.

All in all... the tests came back fine. I'm not pregnant (HAHA!! That's really funny :). I don't have mono or strep. No appendicitis. No... nothing. Which is weird because I still feel like crap. But what can you do? I've enjoyed excused absences and watching Lord of the Rings. I guess I can't complain!

Here's a video I've recently discovered with my roommates. I think it is absolutely hilarious and hope you find it the same :)


No comments:

Post a Comment