About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
Welcome to "Miss Mighty Midge" - A place I can share a piece of my heart with the world. Blogging is my joy. I'm a college student trying to carve myself a place in life. I'm small, funny, passionate, and a little shy. Welcome to the stories of my life...

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Stepping Out of Ordinary

Last year I set a goal for myself to believe in fairy tales again - to believe that dreams can come true. Through this resolution I have discovered an odd truth. I don't doubt that fairy tale endings or fairy tale beginnings can happen in real life. But there is a majority of us that never have this luxury occur. We are the majority leading extraordinarily ordinary lives. We dream of fairy tales and share with our children. We never stray too far off the already travelled road. We live for the next reality TV series to renew our despair for human race. What can we truly expect? How can we carve originality through the thick of mundaneness? I say to the majority - we don't have to stay ordinary! Live a little! Change your major to something you actually like. Take a painting class because it's what you've always wanted to do. Sing in a public place at a socially unacceptable time because you just can't keep it in. Dye your hair blue because you're just that awesome. Delete your Facebook account because you know that you couldn't care less about the conceited, self-centeredness of the "friends" you haven't had a real conversation with in years. Skinny dip in the ocean. Make a "That's what she said," joke in front of your boss. Become your own boss! Run through the streets in your underwear. Dare to be different. Dare to swim against the current for the sole reason that you're strong enough to do it! Dare to be extraordinary. This is my resolution - to step out of the ordinary.

Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment